No Image
User id RM1 September 26th 2021
View profile
Forum rating NA
Trading IQ NA
LOGIC ABOUT MARKET SELECTION AND OPTIMSATION

<< QUESTION >>

Thanks for your prompt response!

I'm a trader based out of { NAME } for the past several years and I just completed the form below.

Just a little information about me. The extreme volatility over these past several months has affected my manual trading and automated set-ups with weekly re-optimizing. While I have gotten slightly better over the past 6 months, it was accomplished by "brute force" including opting to change to a 5 or 10 min time frame, much trial and error with dozens of settings, incur losses, and twice weekly optimizing. I have been glued to the screen 10-12hrs a day to hawkishly anticipate turning points. It has been very stressful and counterproductive the longer one stays awake as you know.

I thought to myself that there has to be a better way. So, I recently I began searching for a "stop-level-reverse" style system to somehow "tame" the high-frequency trade spikes which led me to your site for the "Precision Stop".

To that end, I just purchased a trial for both your "Precision Stop GOLD" and "PLA Dynamical GOLD" strategies to assist with my above challenges and see if it works for me.

To confirm, I'm requesting both be setup on the Ninjatrader 8 platform.

I'm eager to start running several optimizing tests right away using the various parameters described in much detail from your site Sunday and SIM trade! While I am fully aware that I'm solely responsible for my testing during my trial and any results, I would appreciate any recent setting recommendations on common instruments i.e. ES, YM or FDAX that you may provide if any.

<< ANSWER >>

You might be interested in going back in time to make losing trades smaller and winning trades bigger. This is impossible but the same effect can be achieved by legging into trades in 2-4 smaller bites and only adding to those where the price has begun moving in the right direction.  E.G If you did two of four entry legs and it went wrong, your loss size is half as big as the usual size loss.

The markets you mention are heavily ridden with AI robots so the retail trader has not got much chance of big success. Some remedy for this remark is to visit unpopular markets that nobody has heard of and thus reducing the number of AI robots you have to compete with that are trained to program pull backs to levels to take out the human places stops. 

Regarding optimizations it is better to consider making the system fit like a mitten instead of fitting like a glove and make smaller bets to allow room for the trade to fluctuate. Over optimization is called curve fitting and leads to great results in back test but poor results in the here and now. 
user image

Disclaimer